I'm so sad that the first two weeks of Mason's life have already flown by! Time is just going way way way too quickly for this sappy mama!
A lot has happened over the first two weeks though...mostly lots of snuggling!
A few noteworthy things:
* Because he was so big at birth, Mason essentially never fit into newborn clothes! He barely fit into the newborn "going home from the hospital" outfit we got him. Thankfully, we hadn't really bought many newborn things for him (well, really, we didn't buy hardly any clothes at all. He only had 2 newborn sized outfits, and has just a handful of 3 month sized outfits). A couple days after he was born I had to go buy him some size 3 month sleeper jammies because he only had 2 pairs that fit (and anyone who has ever had a newborn knows that they can go through way more than that in one night if they're spitting up a lot!)
* That also means he barely wore newborn sized diapers. He wore them for about the first week and then we switched to size 1.
* At his first doctor appt 5 days after he was born, he had lost a couple more ounces of weight (he was 9 lbs 7 oz at birth, was 9 lbs 5 oz when we left the hospital, and 9 lbs 3 oz at the doctor). But the doctor said that's really normal for big babies; he's eating great so no concern there.
* My poor baby boy caught his first cold before he was even 2 weeks old :( On Sunday one of his eyes started getting all gunky and crusted over. We thought it was just a clogged tear duct, but then Monday the other eye started crusting over, and yesterday he started being really congested and having a bunch of green snot. Yuck. He's been a trooper though and is still sleeping pretty well.
* He has fluctuated on sleeping at night. Some nights he'll eat every 2 hours, but there have been several hours where he's gone 4+ hours between feedings. Overall he's doing quite well.
And now, pictures of our first 2 weeks of adventures with Mason!
|Strapped in and ready to leave the hospital!|
Layla was excited to hold Mason.
|We had to bribe Landon to get him to hold Mason :)|
|Daddy & Big Brother telling Mason about all the adventures they'd have together camping, fishing, playing basketball, etc.|
|Pretty good summary|
Mason was NOT happy about his first bath at home, or his second one. Finally by his third bath he settled down a little bit and seemed to enjoy the warm water. But not this time!
|Survived his first doctor appt!|
|He likes to look out the window|
|First time with all 3 kids in the car!|
|Our first outing was to Sonic for some snacks and to play on the playground!|
|We've enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather lately|
|Our littlest Wildcat|
Mason's first walk! He relaxed while his brother and sister fought over who got to ride in the stroller. Not a super peaceful walk for Mom and Dad :)