Thursday, April 5, 2012

Layla's First Road Trip!

This past weekend we went on Layla's first road trip. Destination: Grandpa & Grandma's house in Wichita! 
Sadly, I had to make this first dual child road trip flying solo, because Kyle had to stay here for two training events we had for students on Friday night & Saturday night. We're obviously all still alive, so we'll call it a success.
I'm kind of mad that I didn't take a picture of both Landon & Layla packed up in the car for our first road trip. I guess I was preoccupied with getting us and all of our stuff there with no major catastrophes. (Have I mentioned that I am SO glad we got a minivan right before Layla was born? I can't imagine making our trip to Gulf Shores for Kaleo this summer in a car. I'll gladly claim the "Mom Van"). This was also Landon's first road trip since the very beginning of January, so it was like a whole new experience with him as well. He cried and then happy talked/screamed for the first hour of the trip and then finally fell asleep for about 45 minutes. Thankfully Layla slept through all the noise.
Of course the main point of the trip was for all of my extended family to get to meet Layla, but Landon had a fabulous time getting so much playing attention and I had a great time seeing everyone as well! On Saturday we were able to drive down to nearby Mulvane where most of my dad's side of the family lives to see everyone.
Visiting my Grandma at her nursing home

Sound asleep on my Aunt Eileen's shoulder
 My cousin Drew & his wife Jessie had a little girl, Isabella, just three weeks after Layla was born! It was fun to get to see their sweet girl just a week after she was born (although it made me sad that Layla's already a month old, sniff sniff)

Saturday night my brother and his wife were able to come over for dinner to meet Miss Layla! Landon had a blast playing with them though, so I'm pretty sure he thought they were there just for him :)
Uncle Daniel!

Aunt Cassie!
Of course, Grandpa and Grandma had to get plenty of play and snuggle time in with their grandbabies.




Another fun part of the trip was taking Landon & Layla to my dad's office Friday morning to visit my dad's boss & coworkers who I know, and mostly so proud Grandpa could show off his cute grandkids. My dad is an accountant, so it's stressful tax season time for him, so I think our visit was a nice break. Landon also lent his help to finish off the big company tax return my dad's working on.
Future accountant in the making? Not with my influence, that's for sure! Although it would be nice if Landon could carry on doing our tax returns every year after my dad retires :)
I also tried to take advantage of having a third party available to take pictures of me with Landon & Layla since that's a rare occurrence.

 Landon apparently missed the memo to take advantage of this opportunity.

At least Layla sat still :)

All in all, we had a great time! We made it back all in one piece and no worse for the wear, and of course with lots of new clothes for Landon & Layla they got from people for Easter (plus some new dresses for me! My mom & I left the kids with my dad briefly so I could have an uninterrupted trip to WalMart. Yes!) Thanks for letting us come visit Grandpa & Grandma!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...